Results / Match Reports

Weekly results and match reports will be posted here but you can also get results and fixtures for youth teams by going to following sites   Adult teams can be found and tap in 'Bdl' in the league box type to find the Banbury District & Lord Jersey FA.  For U17 'ofl' for the Oxfordshire invitation league.

2013/14 Season

September 21st/22nd


Match report - Tower Hill 2 Deddington Town Colts 0


In a closely contested match with few clear cut chances for either side, Tower Hill took the points with a 2-0 victory over Deddington. Will Duxbury made two fine saves in the first half to keep Tower Hill at bay.  After 44 minutes Tower Hill took the lead from a penalty.  As Tower Hill pressed for a second goal, Will Duxbury again was on hand to make two excellent saves. As Deddington chased the game Ethan Stevens and Charlie Ellis went close to an equaliser.  But in the last minute of the game, a long ball into the box was neatly finished by the Tower Hill striker.




Man of the match:      Daniel Plumbe





Deddington Reserves 6 – 3 Banbury Rangers  


U10        Deddington Town 4 – 1 Tower Hill Stripes


U11        Deddington Town 2 – 2  Tower Hill Stars


U12        Deddington Town 2 – 1 Launton Boys Rangers


U14        Deddington Town 3 – 0 Launton Boys Athletics

Deddington Town Colts started their season with a comfortable win over Launton Boys Athletic. Daniel Plumbe had a shot saved in the first minute, and Ethan Stevens and Alfie Thatcher had early chances to open the scoring.  At the other end Will Duxbury made two fine saves.  Deddington continued to press and a fine through ball on 24 minutes saw Ethan Stevens round the goalkeeper to make it 1-0. Moments later a powerful shot from Charlie Ellis hit the post, and Luke Crosby had two efforts before the break. After 37minutes a flicked header from Toby Sykes, found Alfie Thatcher who sent a fine through ball to Ethan Stevens, who beat three defenders to score the second goal.  With the game in the closing minutes Alfie Thatcher chased a ball into the corner, and managed to pull the ball back to Jack McCallum to strike the ball home from the edge of the box after 68 minutes to make the score 3-0.

 Man of the match:      Cameron Fowler 

                                                Deddington                  Launton Boys Athletic


Shots                                       17                                4


Shots on target                        8                                  3



U16        Cholsey Blubirds  2 -1 Deddington Town






2012/13 season

Sunday 7th April > Semi-Final Knock-Out Cup Banbury 1 v 1 Deddington Sharks after extra time, Sharks win 5 v 4 on penalties


Deddington Sharks booked their place in the Knockout Cup Final after extra time deadlock and a tense penalty shoot-out! 


Deddington were down to the bare 11 players due to the Easter holidays and ex keeper Nathan Wiesheu had to be brought out of retirement to play on pitch. There was little to choose between the two teams on the day, Banbury Utd had more possession, but Deddington Sharks fought for every ball. Banbury took the lead on 12 mins after a good strike from the edge of the penalty box, Sharks responed on 18 mins with the best move of the game. Some great inter-passing between Tom Chesser and Alfie Barbeary on the left, ended with Alfie turning a Banbury defender to fire in a hard low drive into the 6yd box. Nathan Wiesheu our "retired" ex-keeper was perfectly placed to gloriously flick the ball into the net with the outside of his foot......Wunderbar!!!!! HT score 1 v 1. Second half was much of the same, with both sides cancelling each other out and neither keeper being tested. Tense stuff towards the end of full time, but our exhausted Sharks held out with some superb defending to take the game into extra time. No score in extra time so we went into a penalty shoot-out...even more tense for coaches and parents. No need to worry, we scored all our penalties, poor Banbury missed one....well done to.....Harry Gardner, Tom Chesser, Oli Broughton, George Rickard, Nick Dawkins...penalty practice at training paid off!   


A gritty, workman-like performance with every single Sharks fighting tooth & nail to secure a hard fought win and our first ever Cup Final.


Glorious in victory...well done to our magnificent 11...Dan Rodda (GK), Tom Lewis, Harry Gardner, James Churchill, Oli Broughton, George Rickard, Nick Dawkins, Tom Chesser, Jack Marshall-Kay, Alfie Barbeary, Nathan Wiesheu


Knock-Out Cup Final is Sunday 21st April, 11am kick off v Ducklington at Carterton Town FC



Results for 2nd/3rd March

Lord Jersey Premier League

First Team -  Star Bicester 0 - 6 Deddington Town

Division 1

Reserves  - Hornton 4- 2 Deddington Town 


U9 Deddington 2 - 1 Bicester town colt stars

 U10  Carterton 1 - 0 Sharks

U10  Chadlington Blues 0 - 2 Cobras

U13 Deddington 4 - 1 Witney Vikings youth

Match report:  Deddington Town Colts 4  Witney Vikings Youth 1

Deddington Town Colts had a convincing win in an end to end game where both teams had plenty of chances to score, and both keepers had an excellent game.  Will Duxbury made a fine save after 5 minutes, before Ethan Stevens scored from an excellent through ball after 13 minutes. Witney hit back with an unstoppable shot from the edge of the box to level the match after 15 minutes.  Deddington took the lead again with an powerful shot from Alfie Thatcher after 18 minutes, and three minutes later Alfie Thatcher was on hand to head home from a corner to make the score 3-1 at the break.  Witney started strongly in the second half and Will Duxbury made a fine save after 39 minutes.  But Deddington put the game out of sight as a fine counter attack saw Jake Hope play a fine through ball for Ethan Stevens to make it 4-1.  With nine minutes to go, Witney were awarded a penalty put Will Duxbury made a magnificent save.  This was an impressive performance from the whole team and a deserved victory.

 Men of the match:    Will Duxbury, Ethan Stevens and Alfie Thatcher

U15 Garden City 0 - 2 Deddington


Results for  23rd/24th February

 Lord Jersey Premier League

First Team - Heyford 1 - 4 Deddington Town

Division 1

Reserves- Deddington Town 2 - 3 Heyford 

 U10 Sharks 2-4 Brackley Town

U10 Cobras 6 - 1 Brackley Athletic Jaffas

U12 Bampton Town 1 - 3 Sharks

Sunday 24th Feb; Fourth Round Knock Out Cup / Bampton 1 v 3 Deddington Sharks; Three wins on the bounce as our Sharks progressed to the semi-final of the Knock-Out Cup, after a hard fought win over B League Bampton. Nick Dawkins got us off to another great start, firing home with a wonderful shot from the edge of the penalty box on 6 mins. Injured keeper Dan Rodda was desperate to play, although his badly damaged ankle just wouldn't hold up and he had to come off after 15 mins. Up stepped Fynn Watt as our stand-in keeper and he performed brilliantly, making a fantastic first half save and then doing everything that was needed, great handling, good kicking throughout the match. This was a real gutsy performance from all our players, against a decent Bampton side, although Sharks defence was always in control with the confident Harry Gardner leading the way, well supported by solid performances from Tom Croxton, Tom Lewis and James Churchill. 0 v 1 at half time and Henry Nicholls and Jack Marshall-Kay replacing Harry Barton and Dan Lydon. Sharks came out with all guns blazing from the re-start and after a superb left wing run and cross from Tom Chesser, George Rickard stroked the ball in from inside the box to make it 0 v 2 on 34 mins. Sharks continued to press and with Oli Broughton having an outstanding game in the holding central midfield position, Bampton found it hard to get through. Harry Gardner decided it was time his name went on the score-sheet, volleying home on 43 mins to make it 0 v 3. Bampton then managed to pull one back on 52 mins for final 1 v 3 score-line and a well deserved victory for our Sharks

U12 Brackley Athletic Jaffas 3 - 4 Cobras

U13 Deddington 0 - 0 Launton Boys Athletics

 Match report – Deddington Town Colts 0 Launton Boys Athletic 0

On a freezing day, Deddington dominated possession and had the best chances, but the game ended goalless.  In the first ten minutes Ethan Stevens, Charlie Ellis and Alfie Thatcher all went close and at the other end Will Duxbury made two fine saves. Deddington continued to pile on the pressure winning several corners, and the Launton keeper made a fine save from Charlie Ellis’s header after 23 minutes.  After 39 minutes Charlie Ellis was foiled by an excellent save from the Launton keeper, who did the same from Harry Simons after 47 minutes. In the last ten minutes, the Launton keeper made four more outstanding saves from Charlie Ellis, Harry Simons Dan Peckford and Luke Crosby to see the game end all square.

 Man of the match:  Josh Rowe


Match statistics:                                            Shots                On target        Corners


Deddington Town Colts                              22                    9                      10                               

Launton Boys Athletic                                5                      3                         2      



saturday 16th/ Sunday 17th


Bloxham 1 - 4 Deddington


King sutton 3 - 1 Deddington Reserves




U9 Banbury United 2 - 1 Deddington


U10 Sharks P-P Carterton Town


U10 Bloxham Rangers 2 - 1 Cobras


U11 Deddington 2 - 4  Hanwell United


U12 Stonesfield Strikers 2 - 2 Deddington Cobras 

Sunday 17th Feb; friendly Deddington Sharks 7 v 2 Brackley Town Saints. Both sets of players enjoyed the run out and great to see our Sharks get off to a flyer for the second week running, with Henry Nicholls opening the scoring on just 2 mins! Nick Dawkins made it 2 v 0 after 5 mins and although Sharks enjoyed most of the possession, the Brackley defence managed to prevent more first half goals going in. Brackley were rewarded for their battling, scoring just before the break to make it 2 v 1 at half time. No subs, so no changes at half time.  Second half we saw an avalanche of Sharks goals starting with Harry Barton on 36 mins, Nick Dawkins on 40 mins and Dan Lydon on 50 mins, before Brackley pulled one back on 53 mins. Nick Dawkins scored again on 55 mins and then just before full time, “midfielder” Harry Gardner decided he was going to get on the score-sheet firing home to make it 7 v 2. Some good team work from our players, passing, not panicking, comfortable on the ball etc etc. Let’s take this good form into next Sunday’s Cup game!


U15 Bloxham 2 - 1 Deddington 


 Saturday Feb 9th

Saturday 9th Feb friendly Bardwell 2 v 6 Deddington Sharks; our Sharks got off to a flyer with Dan Lydon scoring on just 2 mins and then Dan had a penalty saved on 5 mins. Tom Chesser opened his account on 7 mins and Bardwell managed to pull one back on 17min to make it 1 v 2  at half time. Sharks continued to control the game with Alfie Barbeary and Dan Lydon threatening up front and Tom Chesser, George Rickard, Harry Barton and Henry Nicholls pulling the strings in midfield. Nick Dawkins moved into the back four for the second half, well supported by strong tackling Fynn Watt and Tom Lewis and Oli Broughton playing an assured sweepers role. Dan Rodda showed great awareness coming quickly off his line to make a couple of important blocks and good to hear confident shouts of "keepers ball". Tom Chesser scored on 39 mins with a sublime left footed strike which the Bardwell keeper had no chance of saving. No Sharks subs this week, so Tom Chesser was not going to be denied a hat-trick this time round, heading home on 44 mins. Dan Lydon scored his second on 55 mins with a beautiful lofted shot into the Bardwell net. Bardwell missed a penalty, but then pulled one back on 55 mins when Dan struggled to hold of a difficult shot that dropped just under the cross bar. Alfie Barbeary finished off a resounding 2 v  6 victory by firing home on 57 mins. An excellent performance from all our players and some superb football from both sets of players.


Saturday 2nd / Sunday 3rd February


Deddington 2 - 4 Slade Farm United

U9 Carterton P - P Deddington

U10 Ducklington 3 - 4 Sharks

U10 Cobras 2 - 2 Chadlington Blues

U11 Witney Viking Youth 2 - 8 Deddington

U12 Banbury United  4 - 1 Sharks

U12 Cobras 7 - 3 Chadlington

U13 Bloxham 1 - 2 Deddington

In an entertaining match, Deddington had a narrow win in the local derby with Bloxham.  Deddington took the lead after 4 minutes as Josh Rowe beat the keeper with a powerful shot.  Dan Plumbe, Alfie Thatcher and Charlie Ellis all went close to increase the lead. At the other end, Bloxham had several shots go wide, and Will Duxbury kept Deddington in front with a fine one-handed save after 33 minutes.  Deddington started the second half with pace, and Ethan Stevens calmly beat the keeper after a fine through ball after 37 minutes.  Deddington had most of the possession and Alfie Thatcher and Cameron Fowler went close, before Bloxham pulled a goal back after 55 minutes.  Cameron Fowler nearly increased the lead as the game went into injury time, but his shot went just over the bar. This was an excellent team performance and deserved win for Deddington.

 Man of the match:  Chris Burland

U15 Deddington 2 - 1 Bampton Town  


Saturday 12th/ Sunday 13th January 2013


First Team: Slade Farm United 3-0 Deddington Town

Reserves: Deddington Reserves  1 -3 Bloxham

U10 Sharks 5-2 Ducklington

U10 Cobras 0-4 Launton Boy leopards

U11 Deddington 4-4 Bloxham 

U12   Bicester Town Colt Sharks 0-3 Deddington Sharks

This was a keenly fought culture between top of the B League Bicester Stars and A league Deddington Sharks. The match had a bit of everything with both teams going at each other at every opportunity. The match was even until Deddington took the lead after 20 minutes and held on to it until half time. Bicester gave Deddington a soft goal straight after the restart and at 2-0 down Bicester had nothing to lose in going for it. With this in mind Deddington hit on the break to get their third goal and wrap up the game. Bicester goalkeeper Charlie Barnett produced a fine save from a Deddington penalty to end the match 3-0 to the away side.Good luck to Deddington in the next round. 

U12 Bicester Town Colts 5 - 3 Deddington Cobras

U13 Postponed

U15 Tower Hill 4 - 1 Deddington

Tower Hill came back after conceding inside 2 minutes to win 4-1 against third place Deddington today. Tower were very slow out of the blocks and it was Jamie Smart reacting quickest to a low near post corner to clip it under the bar. Deddington bossed the first 25 minutes and it was the introduction of the Tower subs that created the equaliser, Redd Pratley with a long range shot that bounced awkwardly in front of the Deddington GK. 1-1 at half time Tower took the lead 10 minutes into the second half when wide mid-fielder Joseph Lynch pulled back perfectly for Jack Wood to finish from close range. The third goal, and Jack Wood’s second, was a simple tap in at the far post from Redd Pratley’s cross.Tower killed the game off 10 minutes from time when Calum McGinness broke clear to finish 1 on 1 with a neat chip.Tower Hill MoM awards went to Josh Murphy for his tireless work in midfield and Calum McGinness for a classy game up front.




Saturday 5th/6th Jan 2013


U13 Match report: Deddington Town Colts 1 Bloxham 3


In an entertaining local derby, Bloxham got revenge for their 3-1 defeat in the Cup to Deddington in the Cup earlier in the season.  Bloxham dominated the first twenty minutes and took the lead from a corner after 5 minutes, and then scored twice in a minute after a quarter of an hour to take a commanding 3-0 lead.  Deddington won a free kick after 19 minutes and Josh Rowe/s fierce free kick deflected off a defender and Ethan Stevens was quick to react to head the ball home.  Ethan Stevens had a shot saved after a fine through ball from Jake Hope after 26 minutes, and Charlie Ellis, Dan Plumbe and Dan Peckford all went close before half time.  In the second half, Deddington again dominated the possession with Dan Plumbe, Cameron Fowler and Ethan Stevens going close.  After 37 minutes Deddington were awarded a penalty, but Luke Crosby’s shot was tipped over the bar.  Bloxham tried to push home their advantage and Will Duxbury made two fine saves.  In the last ten minutes, Deddington had three more chances but failed to score.  

Man of the match:  Harry Simons and Chris Burland

U15s Deddington Colts 2 - 0 North Leigh

A tough fixture straight after the Xmas break and Deddington started and finished the game in the same manner - on the front foot. A solid display from the back 5 with Jack Gill, Josh Gibbins, DJ Patterson and wing backs Lewis bullard and James Hunt proving difficult to break down. The non stop energy in midfield was limiting North Leigh to very few chances. The Colts opened the scoring midway through the first half when Ollie Roberts prodded a through ball for Chay Buckingham to run on to. Chay out paced 2 defenders and was brought down by the North Leigh keeper. He picked himself up and slotted the resulting penalty past the keeper. The Colts were playing some good football and Caleb Shepherd nearly made it 2 when his long range shot hit the bar and the Colts couldn't quite manage to convert the rebound as an offside flag denied them. Jack Gill also had a run from inside his own half when he outpaced the whole North Leigh defence and only a point blank save from the keeper denied him.
 Half time 1.0 to the Colts.

The second half was much the same with the Colts keeper and defence having little to do. Fifteen minutes into the 2nd half Chay Buckingham raced through again and prodded a smart finish past the North Leigh keeper. It was no more than Deddington deserved.There were several other half chances and a good save from Harry Tomkins ensured the Colts kept a clean sheet. Overall a very comfortable win against a team that are pushing towards the top of the table.


Saturday 15th/ Sunday 16th

 First Team: Deddy 3 - 1 SWISS Cup game

Reserves: Kings Sutton v Deddy, postponed, waterlogged pitch


 U9 Deddington 3 - 1 Marsh Gibbon

U10 Charlbury Town Youth 0 - 6 Sharks

U10 Grendon Rangers P -P Cobras

U11 Banbury Irish 0 - 5 Deddington

Incredibly proud of the boys today, for 20 mins in the first half they played the best football I've seen us play, possibly, ever. There were one or two passing moves which were inspiring. One particularly which started with Calum playing a one two with Josh Kaura, absolutely back to front, which ended with Dan May nearly scoring, it would have been the goal of any season, in my opinion.

Funnily enough I don't think we quite matched up to that level in the 2nd half, but we still played some attractive football and ran out deserved winners. Every boy in the squad contributed today and the effort all round the pitch was exceptional. 

U12   Cobras 1 - 3 Coombe Junior Sports

U13 Deddington 1 - 3 Brackley Athletic

In a close fought contest, defensive errors, a lack of pace and a lack of cutting edge up front saw Brackley deservedly win the game.  Will Duxbury saved after four minutes, before a long-range shot from Daniel Plumbe almost opened the scoring.  After 9 minutes Brackley took the lead with a fine counter-attack after Deddington gave away possession.  Will Duxbury made a fine save after 14 minutes, before Brackley doubled their lead after 21 minutes as the defence failed to clear their lines. Dan Peckford had two half chances before the break.  Deddington conceded in the first minute of the second half as Brackley again broke away to score.  After that Deddington played with more purpose and controlled the rest of the game.  Alfie Thatcher went close after 42 and 44 minutes, and Ethan Stevens had a shot well saved by the keeper.  After winning a corner, Daniel Plumbe fired an unstoppable shot into the top left hand corner to bring the score back to 1-3.  Deddington had further chances as Daniel Peckford went close and Alfie Thatcher had three shots in the final fifteen minutes of the game. 


Man of the match: Daniel Plumbe          



Roger Sykes


U15  Bloxham 3 - 1 Deddington



Saturday 8th / Sunday 9th

First Team: Deddington 2-1 Woodford United

Reserves: Heyford United 3-1 Deddington Town Reserves

U10 Sharks 0 - 0 Carterton Colts

U10 Tower Hill Stars 0 - 4 Cobras

1st half was a close game with both teams as strong as each other. Deddington's team work was very strong and well organised by the captain, Abi Durand. Tower Hill played well in defence to keep a clean sheet but just before the break they gave away a penalty which sadly for the Cobras wasn't converted.
2nd half was a much stronger half for Deddington with the first goal going in not long after the restart scored by James Sansome, the Cobras then took control and Joe Palmer kept up his good scoring record with a hattrick to complete a 4 nil win and another 3 points to add to Deddingtons impressive season.
By Rudi Rowbotham

U12   Sharks 1 -1 Bardwell youth

U15 Bampton Town 2 - 2 Deddington





Saturday 1st/ Sunday 2nd

First Team Deddington 2 - 2 KEA

Reserves: Fenny Compton P-P Deddington Town Reserves

U10   Hook Norton 0 - 8 Deddington Sharks  

U12  Moreton Rangers 0- 7 Deddington Sharks 

Sunday 2nd December; 2nd Round Knock Out Cup, Moreton Rangers 0 v 7 Deddington Sharks > a comfortable win for our Sharks as we controlled the game from start to finish. Lots of possession from the kick off, although it took a 13th minute penalty from Oli Broughton to open the scoring. Shark's keeper Dan Rodda had his first touch of the ball on 25 mins and then further goals from Dan Lydon on 26 mins and Harry Gardner on 28 mins made it 0 v 3 at half time. Jack Marshall-Kay came on for the second half, making an instant impact, smashing home just after the re-start on 33 mins. Goals from Harry Barton, Nick Dawkins and a second from Jack Marshall-Kay secured us a place in the next round. A decent all-round team performance from Deddington Sharks, credit to Moreton for not giving up and special praise for the Moreton keeper who made a number of outstanding saves. 3rd Round Knock Out Cup, Sunday 13th January > Bicester Colts Stars (top B League) v Deddington Sharks  



Saturday 24th / 25th 


U10 Sharks 0-0 Bourton Rovers

U10 Brackley Athletic Jaffas 0-6 Cobras

U11 Chadlington Blues 5 - 3 Deddington

Disappointing morning for the team. Think I may have over indulged on the creative side of our play and not enough on the defensive. Few mistakes this morning against a strong Chadlington team, who on occasion played some attractive football of their own. 
We scored some great goals and played some good football, particularly in the last 15-20 minutes of the game. The boys need to be a little stronger and less intimated by bigger kids, improve their first touch and encourage one another more on the pitch. When Chadlington scored their goals our boys didn't even look at one another let alone pass a word. 
There were a couple of incidents that could perhaps have changed the flow of the game, but we will keep working and developing skill sets, the team structure is there and the kids have started to understand their roles.

U13 Kingston Colts 8 - 2 Deddington Town Colts

Deddington were well beaten by an impressive Kingston team who deserve their place at the top of the table.  Kingston piled on the pressure early on, and Will Duxbury made two fine saves before Kingston opened the scoring after 11 minutes with a great strike from a free kick.  Alfie Thatcher went close after 20 minutes before Kingston doubled their lead with a goal on the break, and added a third goal on the stroke of half time.  Deddington came out more positively in the second half and Alfie Thatcher shot over the bar after 40 minutes.  But two quick counter-attacking goals after 41 and 43 minutes, brought the score to 5-0.  Deddington continued to play positive football and Charlie Ellis poked home from a cross from Alfie Thatcher after 47 minutes. Five minutes later, Ethan Stevens was brought down by the Kingston keeper, and Alfie Thatcher coolly scored from the spot.  As legs tired in the last ten minutes, Kingston scored three more goals to make the final score 8-2 to Kingston.


Man of the match: Dan Peckford



Saturday 17th/ Sunday 18th


First Team: Highfield old Boys 1 - 0 Deddington Town

Reserves- Deddington Reserves 1 - 1 Highfield Old Boys reserves

U9 - Bourton Rovers youth 3 - 1 Deddington

U10 - Sharks 3 - 0 Bloxham 

The story so far: won the first four, joint top of the table; lost the next three, now teetering and hanging in at third. The eight game? Against the league leaders and local rivals from Bloxham. Lots of players up against their mates or Rugby colleagues. So with the memories of the porous defence and an 8-4 defeat still raw, it could have gone wrong. But as the chill lifted off Fritwell field and the sun burnt through, a first half performance and level of energy smacked of ‘recovery’.

A few chances went our way, some good moves that didn’t quite make it to the final third, some good runs that didn’t quite make the goal scoring opportunity. As the first half whistle resounded – the league leaders trudged off, shell-shocked, fortunate to be goal-less. Deddington bounced off, annoyed at the interruption in flow; our keeper trying to keep warm due to his inactivity. 

They say there are two good times to score in a tight game. Just before half-time is generally regarded as a killer blow; with just after the break a close second. Duly, within the first minute of the re-start there was a  goalmouth scramble, and the ball was in the back of the goal and Lucas Lluna – on the pitch for less than a minute – was celebrating his goal. Then followed the best passage of play as the game opened up: the Sharks looking comfortable on the ball going forward, Bloxham getting more frustrated as attacks were stifled. With a few minutes remaining came the knockout punch. Tom Haynes is beginning to gain a reputation for jinking runs leading to edge-of-the-box shots which ripple into the net at head height delighting coaches, spectators and players alike. Here was such a goal, and suddenly the road back for Bloxham looked like a mountain.  

A few minutes later, and victory was complete. Bloxham had conceded less than a goal a game – six in seven games... until they encountered the Sharks. Deddington’s third was a pinball battle at the edge of the box, until Harvey Machin put his laces through it and a 3-0 victory was being celebrated. 

What a performance. Without doubt, their best of the season. Man of the Match? Maybe from the defence which went from conceding eight goals one week to none the next, maybe the midfield for prizing open the opposing defence and breaking up levels of creative play – and playing to a slightly different tactic, maybe the forward line for breaking a tricky deadlock. No, all eight players used played out of their skins, and deserved the accolade.  

Then, the second game. They, a squad of eight with one absence – and so the same players faced up while we played some fresh legs. So – fresh legs against top-of-the-league. The heroics continued as we recorded a 3-2 victory, with a brace from Lucas Lluna, an opening goal from Dom Bagot and a man of the match performance from James Duffy at the heart of the defence. 

So – a thoroughly enjoyable morning’s work. Those three league defeats, together with two half-term absences and a cup victory had meant a long six weeks without a league victory. Let us hope this is the start of a new run.

U10 - Cobras 2 - 2 Bloxham Rangers

U11 Deddington 7-0 Brackley Town

Good victory today, some big positives, hard defensive line, alert goalkeeping, some good football in the first half, but we seemed to lose our shape and positive attitude in the 2nd half, though we did create quite a few chances, but just unable to finish them.
Though have to be happy with the overall result 

U12 Sharks 3 - 2 Kingston Colts

 thoroughly entertaining game, with both teams competing fiercely and playing some great football from start to finish. Kingston came flying out of the blocks, opening the score in the first minute with a goal from Muhammad Cham. Deddington's keeper Dan Rodda made an excellent block save and Jack Marshall-Kay equalised for Deddington on 16 mins, scoring from inside the penalty box. Nick Dawkins gave Deddington the lead just after the re-start, scoring on 32 mins when he fired in an in-swinging corner that eluded the Kingston keeper. Kingston's Jack Smith brought it back to 2 v 2 on 42 mins, with the game moving from end to end and both keepers were on top form. Nick Dawkins won the game for Deddington on 50 mins with a glorious 25 yd shot that flew into the net just under the bar.

U12 Cobras 4 - 3 Chesterton

U13 Grendon Rangers 5 - 2 Deddington

After a long journey over to Westcott, Deddington paid the price for a slow start to the game and found themselves 3-0 down within the first 15 minutes.  Deddington had early chances with Alfie Thatcher going close twice, before Grendon scored on the break.  Deddington were unlucky not to equalise as Luke Crosby’s long range shot hit the bar after 9 minutes.  After 12 minutes Grendon broke with pace to make it 2-0, and added a third after 15 minutes on the counter attack.  In the second half Deddington improved their performance, and Alfie Thatcher fired home from edge of the box after 46 minutes.  Dan Peckford and Chris Burland both went close, before Grendon scored on the counter attack to make it 4-1.  After 65 minutes, Alfie Thatcher scored the best goal of the game with a curling short from outside the box to make it 4-2.  In the last minute of the match Grendon scrambled a fifth goal to secure the points.

 Man of the match:   Alfie Thatcher  



U15 Deddington P - P Bloxham


Sunday 11th November

DUST VETS v Sibford...see match report on Adult DUST page.

Saturday 10th November

First Team Sinclair United 0- 3 Deddington See Report on first team page 


U9 - Bicester Town colts sharks 2-1 Deddington 

U10 - Banbury Irish 1 - 0 Cobras

U10 - Banbury United Youth Spencer 8 - 4 Sharks 

U11 - Deddington10-2 Bloxham

Think possibly our best performance of the season and every boy putting in large scale effort and contributing to the teams success. The boys are learning every week and some of the combination football was a joy to watch. Believe it was our 4th goal today, 4 or 5 passes and a quality finish and the other particularly memorable move for me, was the boys calmly playing the ball out of defence, a 1-2 and another 2 to 3 passes and we'd earned a corner at the other end.

I realised how much the team has moved forward, through their thinking about our style of play, when one boy came up to me at half-time and admitted to me he wasn't passing enough and promised to do more in the second half, and sure enough he did; though he' had made a telling contribution in the first half. 

U12 Eynsham youth 0 - 1 Deddington Sharks

U12 Chadlington 4 - Deddington Cobras

U13  Witney Vikings 2 - 3  Deddington Town Colts 

Once again, a great match between these two teams, with Deddington coming out on top in a five goal thriller to make amends for the defeat in the cup three weeks ago. Ethan Stevens scored after 7 minutes after good approach play from Toby Sykes and a fine through ball from Dan Plumbe. Jake Hope nearly doubled the lead after 11 minutes, before Josh Rowe scored a second goal after a fine run and pass from Toby Sykes. After 21 minutes Jake Hope had a fine shot saved, but on the break Witney scored with a unstoppable strike from the edge of the box to make it 1-2 to Deddington. Witney pressed before the break and fine saves from Will Duxbury kept Deddington ahead. Deddington started the second half positively and Jake Hope had a shot saved by their keeper. After 39 minutes, Ethan Stevens was on hand to poke the ball home to restore a two goal lead for Deddington. Witney pressed for a goal, and were kept at bay by series of outstanding saves by Will Duxbury. At the other end Ethan Stevens, Alfie Thatcher and Toby Sykes all forced saves from their keeper. After 64 minutes, Deddington failed to clear from a corner and Witney poked the ball to make it 2-3. Jake Hope, Toby Sykes and Josh Rowe all had chances to extend the lead, and Will Duxbury made two fine saves to keep Deddington ahead and secure the victory. 

Men of the match: Will Duxbury, Jake Hope, Toby Sykes


10/11/12- Match Report - Deddy Reserves v Sinclair 2-2

After last week, the Reserves had to pick themselves and get sorted for this game. Jason, the manager had to make some changes from his usual line up. This was compounded too by the loss of Reserve Captain Andy Gray to the First team. 

Matty Gibbs started at left back , Macca sat in front of the back four, Dan started on the right and John Collett partnered Gazza in the back four. Chris Deeley started out on the right with Flash alone up front.

It was a scrappy start for both teams, but Deddy always seemed to be in control. But they just couldn't finish the job in the final third.  Playing a 4-1-4-1 formation whilst defensively they coped well, offensively they lacked a cutting edge. The second half saw more of the same until Sinclair got a lead with a crap own goal from a deflection.  The sun didnt help either, blinding the ever athletic Jason who on this one seemed rooted to the spot!!

Deddy changed to  4-4 -2 and pushed Matty Gibbs up. It paid off, with Matty scoring a great goal to even things.   Sinclair then lost a player through a reckless challenge, but then against the run of play scored a second goal when their player took  a shot from distance. Should have been shut down but wasnt. That seemed to be it until the last minute when the ref gave a penalty against Sinclair that Jordy buried with style, sparing Deddys blushes!!

Ben Dugdale was voted player of the match for Deddy. A good all round performance by him in the midfield.

Goals - Matty Gibbs and Jordan Kaye


last import - 30 

Penalty for Deddy in final minute against Sinclair.  See photos on reserve page.

Saturday 3rd November 2012

FIRST TEAM - Abba Athletic 3 - 1 Deddy Town

03/11/12 - Away again to Abba Athletic, what I am told was a poor performance in the Junior Shield. Await more details to come soon...

Goal Scorer: Dave Carter 

RESERVES -  Deddy Reserves 0 - 6 Bishop Ichington

Nightmare!!!  The game started well for Deddy, the first ten minutes saw some great offensive play with Bishop Itchington all over the place. But once they got themselves sorted out they became a real threat.  Their first goal came from the left with a wicked cross that flew across the Deddy goal only to find an opposition head at the back door. The only consolation was that while burying the goal, their player collided with the goal post with such force that there was real chance he would play no more part in the game!!   

Their second goal was even cheaper.... a lob over the keeper after lost possesion in midfield.  Then the minute from half time...a sucker punch...not sure what the ref saw but obviously not quite what I saw.....!!! 3 nil down!!!

The second half got no better although Deddy did start the brighter.  But as things progressed BI found the net 3 more times sorry, 2 more times as Dan found it at the end with an unfortunate own goal!  (If he was a striker he'd be real proud!!)

Lets find the positives....we had eleven players!!!! and a couple of reserves!!!  BI were actually a really good team  who passed the ball about with some skill and composure.  But so can we, but we just didnt today unfortunately.  Hopefully for the return leg we can surprise them. 

Goal scorers   Nil 


The ref giving Ian some wisdom...and our Jason (Manager)  perusing what he sees going on before him!!!!!

Sat 27th October 2012

Deddy First Team - Bodicote 1 - 1 Deddy First Team

27/10/12 - Away to Bodicote Sports. Biggest game of the season so far. The pressure was on Bodicote - Deddington would remain 1 point ahead if Bodicote win all of their games in hand. The boys were up for it from the start, some half chances coming and going with no real threat from the opposition. A long, box-to-box, run from Joe Thornton; a Luc Thornton left foot,;Dave Carter with some strong efforts as well as Simon Hall. Excellent passing from Paul Franklin, Benny Davis and Mikey Large put the attacking players through numerous times, but credit where credit is due: Bodicote defended well. The usual threat from Affi and Dave Gibbs was dealt with comfortably by Matt Carter and Martin Gardener respectively, with grafter Andy Gray leading everyone by example - strong and composed as per usual. Eventually the scoring opened when Simon capitalised on ex-Deddy player Ben Lewis' mistake, stroking the ball into an empty net. Lots of pressure from Deddy led the boys in at 1-0. The second half was far less of a spectacle. Joel Hart sent off for Bodicote reduced the game to "hoofing" until Affi won a flick on (from himself) to lob Jimmy into the net. Unfortunate for Jim who had had an outstanding game collecting crosses, corners and throws. A massive blow saw Matt Carter hobble off with a knee injury. Hopefully not a massive problem but it doesn't look good. The game stayed like this until the final whistle, 1-1... Two points lost? Or a decent point from the champions? I will leave it with you to decide!
Goal Scorer: Simon Hall

Reserves - Deddy Reserves 4 - 1Kings Sutton 

Match Report 27/10 Deddy Reserves 4 - 1 Kings Sutton

Not a great game, but in the end a great result.....Kings Sutton actually took the lead but Deddy got it back before half time when good pressure from Flash (Jordan Kay) resulted in Kings Sutton conceding an own goal. On the whole though we were playing poorly but the second half saw Deddy raise their game a bit.  Marc Walker scored a header from a decent corner in from Josh Kay.  Flash then got a 'poachers' goal from some good work by Matty.  Then Matty himself got on the sheet with a 'speculative' effort from the edge of the box which the Sutton goalie flapped at before the ball found the back of the net.

Noteable was the game by Gaz Smith, stand in Captain for Deddy,  (Reserves Captain Andy covering for the first team). Gaz might be an old git but he put in some great last ditch tackles today that helped secure the win.

Goal scorers Marc Walker (1) , Jordan Kay (1) , Matty Gibbs (1) and Own goal.


27/10/12 No games for Youth teams , half term week


Results and Match Reports for 20th/21st

U9   Deddington 1 - 9 Banbury United Youth

U10  Yarton Blues 0 - 6  Sharks 

U10 Cobras 1 - 1 Hanwell united 

U11 Banbury United 10 - 0 Deddington 

U12 Cobras 7 - 1 Brackley Athletic
U12 Ducklington 7 - 2 Sharks
U13  Witney Vikings 3  Deddington Town Colts 2 (Knock-Out Cup 2nd Round)

Deddington Town Colts lost narrowly in an end-to-end cup game.  Deddington had the early pressure with Charlie Ellis shooting wide in the first minute.  But, Witney Vikings took the lead on the break after 13 minutes.  Josh Rowe had a shot saved, and Dan Plumbe nearly equalised with a fine drive from the edge of the box, but was defied by an excellent save from the Witney keeper.  At the other end, William Duxbury made two fine saves to keep Deddington in the game.  After 30 minutes Ethan Stevens broke away and beat the keeper with style to draw the sides level.  In the second half Witney Vikings had more possession and looked dangerous from corners and long throws.  After 59 minutes Witney Vikings took the lead after a free kick, as the Deddington defence failed to close the play down, and they made it 3-1 after 61 minutes with a fine finish from a tight angle.  After 63 minutes Etthan Stevens scored from close range to make it 3-2 and set up a tense end to the game.  Despite good Deddington pressure at the end, they could not find a way past the Witney Vikings defence

U15 Bicester Town Colts Foxes 2 -2 Deddington Town
Bicester currently top of the league were always likely to be a tough match. The Colts started well creating several chances. James Hunt smashing in to the side netting and Jack Gill heading on to the bar. The Colts were not to be thwarted when Luca Catania scored from close range following great work from Chay Buckingham. The Colts were now on top and looking to extend their lead but couldn't quite manage to find the second goal. 
The Second half started badly for the Colts as Bicester drew level almost straight after the break and continued to press. The Colts had to dig deep and defend as Bicester grabbed the upper hand. Soon they were to be rewarded as they grabbed their 2nd goal, a tap in after keeper Harry Tompkins  could only parry a shot away. This galvanized the Colts into action and they started to press looking for an equalizer. With about 10 minutes left a smart turn and shot from 22 yards out by Chay Buckingham brought the equalizer. It was just what Deddington deserved. I think both sides will be happy with a point in this very even contest.


Results and Match Reports for 13th/14th October

1st Team Deddington Town 5-2 Star Bicester. Match results, tables and reports for the 1st team can be found here.

Reserves - Victory at last!!! - Sinclair 1 - 5 Deddy Town Reserves -

Match Report 13/10/2012 Deddington Reserves vs Sinclair reserves -

After a few embarrassing results for Deddington Reserves in recent weeks we had more tough opposition today. Jase and Robin changed the formation and some players around and it paid off!!  With a few youth players and some players playing in new positions today was always going to be tough.  And so it proved. In the first 15 minutes Sinclair had the chances hitting both posts and forced some outstanding saves by Jason the Deddy keeper. Deddy soaked up the pressure then it all changed soon after that with Deddington finding their feet. They started to play the ball along the floor and split the Sinclair midfield and defence. Around the 25 minute Flash pressured the Sinclair defence and caused them to score an own goal.... just what Deddy needed. 10 minutes later quality work down the left by Josh led Flash to score a second for Deddy.  Only 5 mins later Flash was through again to score his second of the game. After half time Sinclair started the sharper team and created chances and it was not long before they scored. With the Sinclair heads up they carried on with the pressure and gained a very soft penalty. It was never meant to be though as the Sinclair forward dragged his shot wide.

Deddington then woke up again played some quality football with Iain Moore taking control of the midfield. Deddy went on to score another 2 goals both coming from Flash to wrap up the win. Man of the match was hard to decide as everyone deserved it today but the players to really shine were Flash, Iain Moore and Macca.  Well done to the debuts too from Chris Deeley, Dave Hayward and Welsh Ben.    Dan Rogers.


U9 Deddington 3 - 4 Bourton Rovers Youth

U10 Sharks 0 - 2 Garden City

U11 Deddington 5 - 3 Banbury Irish

Good weather again for footie and an excellent first half performance, when, as the ref stated, we seemed to have an extra player or two on the pitch. Unfortunately that changed in the 2nd half and perhaps it was due to me trying to accommodate the boys desires to play in different positions, but it was a much tougher 2nd half.
Anyway three points and some good performances.

U12 Cobras Deddington 10 - 2 Bourton Rovers  

U13  Launton Boys Athletic 2 Deddington Town Colts 3

On a large pitch on a sunny day, Deddington made it three wins in a row with a narrow win over Launton Boys Athletic.  Deddington started quickly and Josh Rowe and Charlie Ellis had early chances.  After 10 minutes Ethan Stevens was on hand to turn in from close range.  Will Duxbury made two fine saves to maintain the lead and after 25 minutes Alfie Thatcher fired home a low drive to make it 2-0.  Deddington were unlucky to concede from the penalty spot after handball was awarded to leave it 2-1 at the break.  Deddington again started the second half in a positive way, and Dan Plumbe rifled home from the edge of the box after 37 minutes. But credit to Launton who hit straight back on the break after 39 minutes to make it 3-2.  The rest of the game was mostly Deddington pressure with Alfie Thatcher hitting the bar, and Ethan Stevens and Josh Rowe going close.  Deddington held firm and defended two corners at the end of the game to secure the victory.

Man of the match:   Dan Plumbe



U15 Deddington Colts 6 - 2 Garden City 


The Colts had 2 players unavailable and another stuck in traffic on the M1 but it didn't stop them from running out comfortable 6-2 winners. Ollie Roberts started the ball rolling scoring from 20 yards out, the Garden City keeper unfortunately letting the ball go straight through his legs. Garden City equalised from a corner as the Colts failed to clear. The Colts didn't put their heads down and the best goal of the game was scored when James Rawlinson fired a ball wide right and James Hunt playing at wing back hit it first time on the half volley to Ollie Roberts who directed his header into the Garden City net. The Colts continued to press and from a corner and a goal mouth scramble Luca Catania smashed it home. Half Time 3 -1.
The Second half started and was much the same. Both teams knocking the ball around on the floor and either side looked capable of scoring and it was Garden City who got themselves back in to the game again capitalising on the Colts inability to clear the ball from a free kick. The game was in the balance now but The Colts were looking the stronger and their dominance showed when Charlie McKay's defence splitting pass found Roberts who slotted past the Keeper to score his 3rd and Deddington's 4th. The Colts keeper, Harry Tompkins had to be alert as Garden City broke through and he blocked well when a goal looked on the cards. The Colts wrapped things up with 2 late goals, one a goal mouth scramble from Luca Catania and the other from the impressive Chay Buckingham from the penalty spot. An impressive 2nd half display from the Colts as they fully deserved the 3 points against last seasons Champions.   Rob


 U17 Deddington 0 -2 Abingdon Town 


Results and Match Reports for 6th/7th October

1st Team Deddington Town 5 - 1 Fenny Compton. Match results, tables and reports for the 1st team can be found here.

Highfield Old Boys 10 - 1 Deddington Town Reserves

Disappointing if a not little embarrassing this result!!!  This was a team last year who beat us by scoring in the last minute to claim the League title from us by just the one point.  Bit of a gulf today!!!  Onwards and upwards!!!

U9 Marsh Gibbon 0 - 1 Deddington

U10 Ducklington 4 - 1 Deddington Sharks 

U10 Stonesfield Strikers 4 - 1 Deddington Cobras  

U11 Deddington 1 - 9 Banbury United

A disappointing morning, with the threat of Banbury who are top of the league the boys seemed to have given up before the game had even started.  Banbury showed no more skill or flare than Deddington can normally produce, they just seemed to want it a lot more and gave a performance of energy and confidence. 

U12 Deddington Sharks 3 - 3 Cumnor minors 

Saturday 6th October, Deddington Sharks 3 v 3 Cumnor; A shocking opener for Sharks who found themselves 0 v 3 down to Cumnor within the first 12 mins! Horrendous defending and a complete lack of concentration from the kick off, as we left the door wide open for Cumnor to score on 2 mins, 4 mins and again on 12 mins. Deddington eventually managed to settle and find their feet, although Cumnor continued to press and Dan Rodda had to make a number of important stops as we limped to 0 v 3 at half time. Five half time changes were made and Alfie Barbeary and Tom Chesser soon made an impact. Deddington gained more possession and hot-shot Nick Dawkins brought the Sharks right back into the game, scoring on 40 mins and again on 53 mins. It was Cumnor's time to hit the panic button when, with 2 mins left on the clock, Alfie Barbeary muscled his way into the Cumnor penalty box to fire home and cap a superb Sharks fight back. Final scoreline 3 v 3, tough to take for Cumnor who played the better football, although full credit to Deddington Sharks for a spirited second half performance.

U13   Brackley Athletic 4 Deddington Town Colts 6

What a dramatic and pulsating encounter with Brackley Athletic this was full of goals and chances.  Deddington got off to a flying start as Ethan Stevens rounded the keeper to make it 1-0 after 5 minutes.  Three minutes later, a fine through ball from Toby Sykes saw Ethan Stevens score his second goal.  Deddington piled on the pressure and Alfie Thatcher made it 3-0 after 18 minutes.  Brackley gained more of the possession and had three close attempts on goal.  Ethan Stevens had two shots before half time, before Brackley broke away to make it 3-1 after 34 minutes.  In the second half, the momentum and possession was all with Brackely and after 39 minutes they made it 3-2 with a shot from distance.  Then, after 55 minutes, Alfie Thatcher finished from close range to restore a two-goal lead for Deddington.  But immediately from the restart, defensive errors let Brackley in to make it 4-3 after 60 minutes.  As the game entered the last 10 minutes, the goals continued to flow – Deddington failed to clear from a corner and Brackley brought the scores level at 4-4.  Brackley had chances to win the game with Will Duxbury making a fine save after 68 minutes, and Brackley shooting wide a minute later.  Deddington broke again and Alfie Thatcher calmly completed his hat-trick after 69 minutes to make it 5-4 for Deddington.  As the game entered injury time, Ethan Stevens beat the goalkeeper and completed his hat-trick after 4 minutes of injury time to make it 6-4 to Deddington.  This was an incredible end-to-end game with fine performances from both teams, although both managers were left exhausted at the end!


U15 - Deddington 1 - 0 Banbury United 

There were no goals in the first half in what can only be described as a sloppy Deddington performance with mistakes being made all over the pitch. I think Jody McKay must have had some harsh words at half time because the Colts came out like a different team and started creating several half chances. Missing twice from good chances at corners the Colts finally broke the deadlock when Chay Buckingham slammed home a free kick from just outside the area. The Colts had to rely on keeper Harry Tompkins making some crucial blocks as chances came and went at both ends. In the end a good 3 points gained as the Colts look to move up the table.

U17 Northway 8 -  0  Deddington 


Results and Match Reports for 29th/30th September

Deddington Vets 2 -3 Honnington

Our first Sunday game of the season...we lost 2-3 at home to Honnington.  Definite case of first game of season...really rusty and at times slow and lethargic. Whereas Honnington came with four games under their belts. It showed. At times we were chasing shadows as we tried to get out of our half .   No outstanding performances if I am honest but a noteable moment was Shep getting a direct hit in the bread basket towards the end of the game, lavishly portrayed by his over the top performance as he went down clutching said basket...!!!  

Woodford United 2-3 Deddington Town. Match results, tables and reports for the 1st team can be found here.

This was definately a game of 2 halves on a horrible small primary school size pitch with long grass which suited Woodfords style of long ball unlike us who like to get it down and actually play football. 1st Half we played some of the best football I have seen us play since taking over as Manager, 1 touch pass and move was excellent, 2nd half we failed to hold the ball up front and it was real backs to the wall for the last 15 minutes but a great team performance typified by Matt Carter who was resiliant at the centre of defence and scored the winner with a bullet header from a corner after we had led twice already.

Deddington Reserves 3 - 4 Heyford Athletic Reserves 

Cup Game against Heyford Athletic. Lost 3-4 on penalties after extra time. Should have buried them but just could not find the back of the net. For large parts of the game controlled things well, with good passing and movement.  No end result though.  Good debut by Elliot Davies from the Colts

U9 Deddington 1 - 4 Garden City

U10 Sharks 4-1 Highfield Juniors

U10 Cobras 2 - 3 Middleton cheney Dragons 

U11 Hanwell Utd 2-2 Deddington Town

A lovely morning for football and a competitive game and a point to our total. Thought we deserved the win, there was only one team playing football with the other content to hoof the ball up the park and go to ground with their tackles. In the end it made for an exciting game. 

U12 Bardwell 2 - 0 Deddington Sharks  

U15 Bampton Town       P -  P Deddington Town

U17 Deddington 1 - 7 Abingdon Town

 Results and Match Reports 22nd/ 23rd September

Deddington Town FC 3 -2 Sinclair United. Match results, tables and reports for the 1st team can be found here.

Not pretty to watch at times but the team did a great job with a new forward line of Andy England and usual holding midfielder Jake Freeman (both scoring) as we were without 3 of our usual strikers in the starting line up !!

FC Langford 6 - 1  Deddington Town Reserves 

Deddy Reserves were away to Langford in the Cup and went down 6 - 1.  This was a poor performance, out witted by the fitness and touch of Langford

U9 -  Deddington 0 - 4 Yarnton Blues

U10- Deddington Town Sharks 7- 3 Banbury United Youth Spencer

U10 -Deddington Town Cobras 0 - 5 Carterton (cup game) 

After last week’s success we were confident going into this cup game even though we knew the opposition were a good team and two leagues above us.The pitch was smaller than ours and in the first half we were playing into the sun and wind. This made it easier for Carterton and they kept us under pressure, taking shots from outside the box. Even Rudi couldn’t save all of these and at half time we were 3-0 down. In the second half we came back strongly, spending most of the time in their half and creating many chances, with Joe Palmer hitting the post once. Mid-way through the half Abi came on for Zac in defence and Peter went into midfield. Unfortunately Carterton caught us on the break and their winger scored two excellent goals. Although the final score was 5-0 we probably deserved for it to be a bit closer. The friendly match afterwards was a bit one-sided but our whole squad had a game and battled well against a team with some really good players.  Back to the league next week!

James Sansome


U11 -  Deddington Town 3 - 0 Witney Viking Youth


U12  - Deddington Sharks1-0 Banbury Utd
Both teams competed well in an evenly contested game, although neither keeper was had too much to do. Sharks defenders James Churchill, Harry Gardener and Tom Lewis tackled brilliantly throughout the game, Dan Rodda and Nathan Weisheu put in confident displays in goal. The game looked as though it was going to end in a 0 v 0 draw, but after a tactical switch with 15 mins to go, speedy Nick Dawkins was moved further up the pitch and the same player surged through the Banbury defence to score a cracking goal with 2 mins left on the clock.
Mike Lewis
U12 - Deddington Cobras 3 - 6 Stonesfield Strikers
U13 - Deddington Town Colts 3- 1 Bloxham  (After extra time 1-1 at 70 minutes)

In torrential rain Deddington and Bloxham played out an end-to-end and entertaining local derby, and credit should go to both teams for their performance.  Deddington defended well against early pressure and then took the lead after 12 minutes as Ethan Stevens scored from close range from a corner.  In the second half Bloxham pressed for an equaliser and had a number of chances, with Will Duxbury making some fine saves to maintain the lead.  At the other end Jake Hope, Dan Plumbe and Ethan Stevens all went close.  After 66 minutes Bloxham broke free and scored a fine equalising goal.  Josh Rowe came close to scoring after 68 minutes as his free kick from distance just went over the bar. As the game went into extra time, Alfie Thatcher made a fine run and shot which the Bloxham keeper could not hold to give Deddington a 2-1 lead.  After 82 minutes a shot from Toby Sykes was blocked but Ethan Stevens was on hand to grab his second goal from close range to complete the victory for Deddington.  Well done to both teams for providing such an entertaining cup game in the heavy rain.

 Man of the match:  Cameron Fowler


U15- Deddington Town 1 - 2 Tower Hill

A tight affair between 2 very committed teams. Deddington opened the scoring through Chay Buckingham. Tower equalized with a classy long range strike and also found the winner late on with another strike from 25 yards out. Deddington slightly unfortunate to lose their unbeaten record as chances were few and far between.

U17 - Deddington Town 4 - 11 Bloxham




Results and Match Reports 15th/ 16th September

 Cropredy 1-4 Deddington Town. Match results, tables and reports for the 1st team can be found here.

Cropredy are a young side who many had tipped for great things this season with their pacey 3 young strikers. However a great hat-trick from Luc Thornton and commanding performance from Captain Roan Waddelow and team performance from everyone else meant we were deserved winners and got the season back on track after last weeks dissapointment.

Deddington Town Reserves 2 - 4 Fenny Compton

Reserves suffered their first defeat at home against Fenny Compton, going down 2 - 4.

 U9 - Ducklington 7 - 0  Deddington  

U10- Deddington Town Sharks 3 - 2 Charlbury Town Youth

 U10 - Launton Boy Leopards 0-1 Deddington Town Cobras 

The match started in bright sunshine. The pitches were well presented and all ready for the game.In the first half Launton Leopards were attacking well but we defended strongly. We had very few chances because we didn’t have as much possession as Launton Leopards.Launton took some excellent corners but fortunately they weren’t able to head them in, so at half time it was still 0-0 and we had everything to play for.The second half was very exciting. Both teams had some very close shots and with five minutes to go we scored! The ball was played out of defence and Joe Palmer took a pass from the midfield and ran into the box before shooting low to the left of the goal keeper.The parents on the side-line went wild! Now we were playing more confidently and created a chance with Kieran shooting from outside the box, beating the goalkeeper but unfortunately hitting the post. Launton had a corner in the last few seconds and even brought their goalkeeper up. He headed it, but high over the bar and we had won! 

We then played a friendly 9 aside match in which we created lots of chances and were probably the better side, although the match ended 0-0.

 Peter Sansome

 U11 -  Deddington Town 4 -  3 Chadlington Blues

 U12 - Kingston Colts 5 - 0  Deddington Sharks

Newly promoted Kingston were last season's top goal scorers in all divisions with 80 league goals > we scored just 30 league goals. So no surprise that the Kingston forwards were a real handful from the kick off and we were two goals down after just 10 mins. Dan Rodda made a couple of outstanding saves to keep us in the game, Nick Dawkins hit the bar and we had other chances to pull the game back, but we failed to test the Kingston keeper. Kingston were a constant threat on the break and they scored again on 26 mins, 3 v 0 at half time. A much more determined second half display, with some clear cut chances to turn the game around, but we just couldn't hit the target. Dan Rodda made two more brilliant saves, before we conceded again on 52 mins.  We then missed a penalty and topped it with an own goal just before the final whistle....5 v 0... ouch! If only... if only we had taken some of our clear cut chances, if only Nick's shot hadn't hit the bar, if only our marking had been better, our passing better etc. Lot's to work on at training, especially shooting practise!



 U12- Moreton Rangers 1 - 4 Deddington Town Cobras

 U13 - Deddington Town Colts 0 - Launton Boys 8

Deddington Town Colts faced a tough cup game against B League side Launton Boys.  The opposition took the lead after 4 minutes, and doubled their lead after 11 minutes.  Deddington struggled to gain any possession and conceded a third goal after 23 minutes and a fourth goal from the penalty spot after 26 minutes.  In the second half Deddington had more of the possession and played with more determination, and created more openings with Ethan Stevens going close after 38 minutes.   However, Launton added goals after 37 minutes and 51 minutes with quick counter-attacking football.  Two quick goals after 62 and 63 minutes completed the victory for the opposition.

 Man of the match: Chris Burland


 U15 - North Leigh 1 -1 Deddington Town Colts

A very competitive encounter by 2 committed sides. The Colts were on top for most of the first half without creating the clear cut chance they needed. The Colts defence as resolute as ever with the 3 Center Backs, Charlie McKay, Jack Gill and DJ Patterson all in top form and giving North Leigh nothing. At the other end the busy forwards Chay Buckingham and James Hunt had half chances to snatch a goal but it didn't quite happen in front of goal. Half Time -  0 - 0

Second half was more even with both keepers making saves, The Colts wing backs pushing forward and linking well with the midfield and forwards, in particular substitute Hugo Ransom adding much needed energy to the Colts. North Leigh had a great chance midway through the second half but Harry Tompkins saved well when they finally breached the Colts defence. The battle continued with both teams threatening to score and with one minute to go North Leigh broke through the Colts defence only for Tompkins to save well but the rebound was then tucked into the net. The Colts then kicked off and a long ball from Rawlinson released Caleb Shepherd who's inch perfect cross was met by Ollie Roberts who couldn't miss and volleyed in from about a yard out. It was just rewards for the Colts as a point was the least they deserved

 U17 - BicesterTown Colts 8 - 0 Deddington Town



RESULTS for Saturday 8th/ Sunday 9th 


Deddington Town FC 0 - 2 Steeple Aston. Match results, tables and reports for the 1st team can be found here.

Well the team know what I thought of our performance which being a local derby wasn't good enough even without a number of key players. Lets make sure the return fixture at Steeple is more of a showing of what we can do !!!!


Bloxham 2 - 3 Deddington Town Reserves

The Reserves took on Bloxham for their first game this season.  The first half saw Deddy dominate going two nil up with cracking goals from Matt Gibbs and Jordan Kay. However two minutes before half time Bloxham stole one back scoring a headed goal from a corner kick.
But Deddy responded well in the second half when in the first ten minutes Carl Taylor restored Deddy's lead.
Bloxham tried hard and created a couple of good chances, but the Deddy defence held firm until the end. 
Great game, great start.

U9 - Deddington Town Colts  0 - 3 Witney Vikings Youth

U10- Deddington Town Colts Cobras P - P Hanwell United

U10 - Carteton Colts 0-3 Deddington Town colt Sharks 

U11 -  Brackley 1- 9 Deddington Town 

Great result for the U11 team who were away to  Brackley with a 9-1 win. What a fantastic start to the season and a great effort by all the boys. Well done  

U12 - Deddington Sharks 4 - 1 Eynsham Youth
An excellent game with both teams putting on a great display to kick start the new season. Eynsham started well and took the lead with a Liam Varney goal. Sharks new signing Henry Nicholls levelled for Deddington Sharks when a long range shot was misjudged by the Eynsham keeper, 1 v 1 at half time. Jack Marshall-Kay came on for the second half and he scored on 40 mins, firing home from just inside the box. Best move of the game came on 49 mins with Jack Marshall-Kay putting in a superb right wing cross which Harry Barton (another new signing) smashed into the top corner, 3 v 1. Nick Dawkins completed a 4 v 1 win for Deddington Sharks, shooting home on 55 mins. A solid team performance with all 15 players doing well.
U12- Deddington Town Cobras 6 - 6 Witney Viking Youth 
U13 - Deddington Town Colts 1 - 7 Kingston Colts 

Deddington Town Colts 1 Kingston Colts 7

In sweltering heat Deddington suffered a heavy defeat to Kingston Colts who played fast counter-attacking football. In an evenly contested first half, Ethan Stevens came close to scoring.. At the other end Will Duxbury made several fine saves. Kingston took the lead after 10 minutes, and added a second after 23 minutes. The game went out of reach in the first minute of the second half as Kingston added a third. Deddington went further behind after 41 minutes, before AlfieThatcher fired home to make it 1-4. As legs tired in the heat, Kingston added three more goals to make the final score 1-7.

Man of the match – Will Duxbury

U15 - Deddington Town Colts 5 - 2 Hook Norton
First League game of the season for The Colts who came through 5-2 winners. The score line was comfortable and had The Colts taken their chances first half the score line could have been greater. The first goal was a fine strike from the edge of the are by James Hunt quickly followed by Jack Gill scoring from close range. Chances came and went with both James Rawlinson and James Hunt missing good chances when it seemed easier to score than miss. The Colts were to rue these missed chances when Hooky hit back with 2 goals in a minute, both came from defensive errors. Jordan Lafferty racing through to score Hooky’s first and within a minute DJ Patterson headed into his own net.
Half Time – 2 – 2.
Second half started very even with The Colts ringing the changes as the warm weather was taking it’s toll on some of the boys. But 20 minutes in and new signing Chay Buckingham slotted home to make it 3-2. A brace from Caleb Shepherd sealed the win as further chances came and went throughout the last 20 mins of the match. Overall a good victory and perhaps a special mention to new signing Chay Buckingham who worked tirelessly on his debut. A very satisfactory start to the season with the whole squad getting valuable time on the pitch.
U15 v Easington Sports Under 16's ( Friendly)
Easinton Sports 3 - 5 Deddington colts
A first friendly of the season and the Colts came out 5-3 winners against a team in a higher age group. This should stand the Colts in good stead for the start of the new season.
Colts scorers were James Rawlinson Chay Buckingham (2 - 1 pen) Charlie Mckay and Josh Gibbins